VC WEIGHING IS FAST, MOBILE AND ACCURATE – WE COME TO YOU
- VC Weighing use weighing jacks that are precision built, industrial scales for weighing grounded shipping containers. VC Weighing Jacks comply to OIML/NMI approved accuracy standard R76 for Static Non Automatic Weighing Instruments.
- VC Weighing Jacks are capable of weighing all ISO 20′ and 40′ container types including Flat Racks, with weights up to 35,000kg. VC Weighing have one of the most portable and accurate container weighing solutions.
- In addition to weighing the container, the integrated software system lets us check and record the container’s load distribution, capture other useful shipment information and communicate weighing records to you instantly.
HOW TO MANAGE COMPLIANCE
- Now is the time to get organised by contacting VC Weighing to discuss and manage the complexities of container compliance so you stay in control.
- VC Weighing is the gold standard in container weight verification; for a mobile, verified container weighing company look no further!
- We specialise in weighing containers at the packing point to increase safety, efficiency and compliance within your shipping operation.
- Expect to become familiar with this acronym – VGM (Verified Gross Mass); it is now the key item to be disclosed at the earliest opportunity in shipping documents. It’s a simple term, however don’t underestimate the challenge in delivering it … and the consequences of not.
AS PART OF OUR SERVICE WE CAN AUTOMATICALLY:
- Verify the gross container weight
- Confirm the load distribution
- Calculate net cargo weight
- Capture the time, date and location of the weighing operation
- Email a verified gross mass declaration containing all the required information directly to you for imputing onto your PRA documentation.
AVOID OVERLOADING AND IMPROVE SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY
- Avoid weighing individual cargo items as you pack the container, then long waits at weigh bridges and port weighing facilities to receive your Verified Gross Mass Declaration.
- VC Weighing will save you missing allocated container booking slots and ship cut-off times due to containers being rejected, and subsequent shipping company penalties.
- Call VC Weighing to explain how weighing the container on-site is an affordable option and it ensures your PRA documentation is completed and submitted ahead of time.
MANDATORY CONTAINER WEIGHT VERIFICATION IS HERE
The guessing game is over….
As of 1 July 2016, shippers around the world will be required to verify the weight of every container shipped using certified weighing equipment or an approved calculation method. Now is the time to get prepared!
How We Can Assist
VC Weighing recognised the lack of suitable certified equipment for weighing shipping containers at the location of packing and the challenge that the SOLAS mandatory container weighing poses to shippers and the wider transport industry.
VC Weighing use hardware and software systems to enable container weighing at the packing location – this weighing procedure is SOLAS approved Method 1.
Four portable scales fit to the bottom corner castings of a grounded container. Coupled with four hydraulic jacks, the container is raised a few centimetres off the ground and the weight at each corner is communicated to a display, which sums the weight at each corner to provide an accurate gross weight.
As well as weighing the container, the system allows the distribution of weight inside the container to be determined. The CTU code recommends no more than 60% of the weight in half the container’s length.
VC Weighing calculate the Verified Gross Mass (VGM) of the container and other weight data related to the shipment on-site and communicates this data with the VGM Declaration via email to the designated logistics companies.
VC Weighing can be utilised to optimise the container loads e.g. by packing just an additional 5% weight without exceeding the maximum allowable gross weight saves every 20th container – saving you, your client and the environment.
By verifying container weights at the packing location, accurate weight data can be communicated into the logistics chain early helping shipping carriers with stowage plans, avoiding risk to road, rail and sea freight infrastructure from overweight containers and improving safety for road users, haulers and shipping personnel.
For organisations calculating the VGM by Method 2 VC Weighing can provide a means of auditing and cross-checking their processes. In some cases, weighing the container once with the jacks will be more efficient than weighing multiple cargo items. Depending on container volumes per week and the added costs of diverting containers to a weigh-bridge, shippers may find that getting VC Weighing to weigh the container/s at the packing location is a more economic option.
Changes are coming! As shippers there are two choices; ignore the issue until forced to react, or start preparing. The smart players are aware of the upcoming changes and are already evaluating what it means for their organisation. Innovative solutions like VC Weighing will continue to appear, giving shippers options that were not previously available.
A new normal will prevail and along with it a safer industry.
If you would like VC Weighing to come and discuss your needs and develop a service that suits your operations please call us – we would be happy to visit you and discuss how we could assist.